Srinagar 14 March :
Renowned British theoretical physicist and cosmologist Stephen Hawking has passed away, his family confirmed on Wednesday. He was paralysed with motor neuron disease at 21 and doctors expected him to live for only two more years.
Stephen Hawking the brightest star in the firmament of science, whose insights shaped modern cosmology and inspired global audiences in the millions, has died aged 76.
Hawking was known for his theory on black holes, the boundless universe, and authoring ‘A Brief History of Time’.
“He once said: ‘It would not be much of a universe if it wasn’t home to the people you love.’
Coincidentally Albert Einstein, the genius of physics was born on 14 March and hawking died on March 14 as well.
His popular books and writings include :
- A Brief History of Time (1988)
- Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays (1993)
- The Universe in a Nutshell (2001)
- On The Shoulders of Giants (2002)
- God Created the Integers: The Mathematical Breakthroughs That Changed History (2005)
- The Dreams That Stuff Is Made of: The Most Astounding Papers of Quantum Physics and How They Shook the Scientific World (2011)
- My Brief History (2013)